Dump Truck Training
This mine training course is designed to give participants theory and practical training in the operation of a haul truck on Australian coal mining sites.
RIIMPO338D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
The haul truck operations training course is held west of Brisbane, QLD.
What you can expect from this course:
- Interactive theory lessons conducted in the on-site training rooms.
- Trainers with real mining experience who will help you understand what it’s really like working on a mine site.
- Practical operations carried out at our ‘realistic’ mine site.
- Driving in low light enviroment, reversing, loading and tipping maneuvers.
- Working with other mine site vehicles.
- Safety and communications; and
- Instruction on defensive driving, skid control and risk management.
National qualification and certification
Once you have completed this course you will have a sound overview and practical experience of how safe operation of a dump truck. You will receive a nationally recognised qualification that will enable you to operate a haul truck on more Australian mine sites.
How the qualification system works
Please note: this course takes you through to partial completion of the competency.
RIIMPO338D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations unit.
To get the complete qualification, you must complete your training on a mine site and be signed off by a Site Senior Executive or his/her representative.
When the on-site work experience has been completed, only then will the full qualification be issued.